The CMA Awards 2013, which celebrate content marketing excellence, saw Northstar's publication Audi take the Grand Prix and Best Automotive gongs with Cedar's British Airways High Life scooping Best Travel and Leisure and Editor of the Year for Kerry Smith. John Lewis also had a successful evening with John Brown's John Lewis Edition winning Best Retail Consumer and Best Use of Photography.
The esteemed Launch of the Year award was presented to CPL for its Impact magazine, produced for members of the Marketing Research Society, with other key winners on the night including Redwood's Virgin Media Sports Season (Best Non-Retail Consumer) and Seven for Sainsbury's Bank (Best Finance).
New categories for this year included Best B2B: Industry and Manufacturing (won by August for Algeta's Annual Report and corporate website) and Wardour won both Best B2B: Professional and Financial Services and Best B2B: Technology and Telecoms for Hays' content programme and Gemalto's The Review magazine respectively.
This year was the biggest in the Awards' 15-year history, with 63 content marketing agencies submitting 445 entries from five continents, including countries such as Qatar and Singapore. For the first time this year categories were judged on content alone, regardless of the platform it was delivered on to truly reflect the multichannel nature of content marketing.
Clare Hill, Managing Director at the Content Marketing Association, said: "This year's awards have been a fantastic showcase for excellence in the global content marketing industry and we congratulate all the winners and everyone shortlisted. The new categories for 2013 have really underlined the innovative multi-platform work our members are producing and what an exciting future lies ahead for all those in the content marketing industry."
The full list of winners of the 2013 International Content Marketing Awards are:
• Best Automotive - Audi Magazine (Audi UK) - Northstar
• Best Finance - Sainsbury's Bank (Sainsbury's) - Seven
• Best Travel & Leisure - High Life (British Airways) - Cedar
• Best Membership (not-for-profit/charities/associations) - People Management (Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, CIPD) - Haymarket Network
• Best Consumer Membership - My VIP Magazine (Pets at Home) - John Brown
• Best Retail Consumer - John Lewis Edition (John Lewis) - John Brown
• Best Non-Retail Consumer - Virgin Media Sports Season (Virgin Media) - Redwood
• Best Public Sector/Government - INNSATS (Norwegian Armed Forces) - Redink
• Best Internal - The Nose Magazine (The Perfume Shop) - Indigodog Publishing Ltd
• Best Specialist - The Wealth Report 2013: The Global Perspective on Prime Property and Wealth (Knight Frank) - Think
• Best B2B: Industry and Manufacturing - Algeta Annual Report & corporate website rebuild (Algeta) - August
• Best B2B: Professional and Financial Services - Hays content programme, (Hays) - Wardour
• Best B2B: Technology and Telecoms - The Review (Gemalto) - Wardour
• Best Brochure/Catalogue - Butlins Family Brochure 2013 (Butlins) - August
• Designer of the Year - Sam Walker (Lloyd's of London) - Sunday
• Editor of the Year - Kerry Smith (British Airways) - Cedar
• Best Use of Photography - John Lewis Edition (John Lewis) - John Brown
• Best Use of Illustration - Club Wembley - The 100 Club (Club Wembley) - Seven
• Best Use of Video Content - 325 Years of Lloyd's (Lloyd's of London) - Sunday
• Launch of the Year - Impact (Market Research Society) - CPL
• Grand Prix - Audi Magazine (Audi UK) Northstar