The Golden Rules of Account management
is a fantastic course for those new to or looking to move into account management. This essential course is one of our most popular, so with just 1 place left, make sure you confirm your place soon.
The course is suitable for experienced and new account executives/managers who are looking for tips to help balance the demands they face maintaining status and control as they reconcile their internal and external obligations.
Date Tuesday 17 September
09:30 to 17:00
Where The CMA, 55-56 Lincolns Inn Fields, London, WC2A 3LJ Map >
£395 + VAT per person (course for CMA members only)
Size Maximum of 8 attendees
1. Qualities of Excellence: the two-headed miracle worker!
- Defining the role of the Account Manager/Director
- Qualities of account management excellence
2. Essential and unique skills:
- How to achieve the status of a trusted advisor with your client
- The Language of Account Management - ‘do's and don'ts'
3. Taking a Strategic Approach: Thinking like an Agency
- The importance of taking a strategic approach to account management
- Understanding the client-relationship axis ( from transactional to partnership)
- Identifying different account types and assessing their relative value to our business
- What constitutes a ‘good' account?
- How to set meaningful and deliverable objectives (for client and agency)
- Measures of success - agreeing the client's criteria for judgement and delivering against these
4. Client Relationship Management
- What IS CRM and why is it a critical component of Account Management
- Building awareness of the client's business challenges
- How to achieve ‘client intimacy' through CRM
- Building multi-level relationships with across all stakeholders
- Client management checklist
- Reporting styles/structures
- Formal Account Reviews
- How to structure an effective client meeting + exercise
- 10 Golden Rules of Account Management Excellence - final workshop exercise
To book your place, download our training booklet and fill in the form at the back.
Feedback from past attendees
‘The trainer was very informative, knowledgeable, bright and engaging'
‘The most useful element was thinking from a client perspective'
‘The trainer had vast knowledge and experience in account management'
‘The course enabled me to improve and practise my client communication skills'
> Find out about other courses run by the CMA
> CMA monthly digital breakfast events
« Back to news listing