The CMA is recruiting for a Head of Marketing. This is an exciting time to join our business and act as a key contact between CMA members, brands and the wider marketing community. This role is available from May 14th.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The CMA is the industry body representing content marketing agencies in the UK. We promote all aspects of content marketing and act on behalf of our member companies, who produce online, offline and digital content for some of the world's leading brands. We also use our experience and expertise to advise companies wishing to enter the world of content marketing, an industry that's now worth in excess of £4bn in the UK alone.
The Head of Marketing is a key role at the CMA responsible for managing all CMA marketing communications and industry events. This role will be a key face of the CMA brand and will be responsible for all on and offline activity. The candidate would benefit from being a self-starter and must have proven experience of digital brand management.
CMA Brand Management:
- Creating, developing and implementing all CMA digital marketing and social media strategiesincluding natural SEO, social media, multi-channel content distribution, trends/innovation
- Content curation & liaison with CMA agencies to identify, curate and distribute informative content marketing industry content
- Managing production work flow, commissioning and managing content from digital suppliers, designers, editors, printers and media distribution partners. Ensuring projects were on-time and on-budget.
- Planning and managing delivery of all digital assets and communications i.e. weekly newsletter, monthly newsletter, CMA website, Twitter, Linkedin etc.
- Understand CMA member business objectives and work with the CMA Senior Account Manager to effectively promote members work to external audiences.
- Develop strong working relationships with CMA members and strategic partners i.e. Outbrain, ADOBE, Marketing Week, Econsultancy.
- The International Content Marketing Summit & Awards - operations project management
- Launch of The CMA Brand Membership
- Internal meetings, parties, one off events
Day-to-day marketing management:
- Content planning & curation with all stakeholders and suppliers: the CMA senior account manager, PR agency, Website agency, Digital agencies, external consultant’s, Digital agencies, CMA Editor.
- Content plans, writing copy for all CMA owned media channels e.g. emails, website etc.
- Digital analytics
- Benchmarking and competitor analysis of other industry associations.
- Event project management with third party event management agencies
- Proven marketing experience
- Good verbal and written English language skills
- Experience in the content/agency/digital sector
- Comfortable with business analytics and research
- Be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial skill-set
- Have the ability to communicate effectively at all levels and lead through others
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Process orientated and organised
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent organisation skills, able to multi-task
Lines of reporting and liaison
- Reporting into Managing Director
- Manage 1 x direct report: The Marketing & Events Exec
- Working as part of a small team with multiple external stakeholders
- Liaison externally with members, research organisations, creative agencies, events companies, PR company
Why you should apply for this role
Working for the CMA will enable you to be at the cutting edge of best practice content marketing. You will widen your own network with some of the leading content agencies in the world and become the key liaison between the CMA and all of its members. As a key part of a small team you will have opportunity to get involved in other areas of business outside of your own remit working in an entrepreneurial, fast paced and fun environment. The CMA is here to serve our members and their interests and we are looking for someone with a marketing & events background who can help to raise awareness of our organisation and our members work.
« Back to news listing